Core Purpose & Mission
CORE PURPOSE AND MISSION
Temple Beth El is a vibrant and inclusive Reform Jewish community that values warm welcome, meaningful relationships, and inspirational personal growth. We are a congregation where learning, prayer, and deeds help to transform people’s understanding of themselves, channel the power of community, and inform our responsibilities to the world.
We do this in a sacred community where:
- We learn together – הַשְׂכָּלָה – We engage in mindful learning and the pursuit of Jewish wisdom which bring values into our daily lives.
- We pray together – רוּחָנִיּוּת – We develop Jewish spiritual practices and inspiring communal worship that uplift the soul and help us reach out to God.
- We act together – צֶדֶק וְחֶסֶד – We lead significant acts of loving kindness and world repair. We value being an integral part of and contributor to the greater Charlotte community.
- We play together – שִׂמְחָה וְאושֶׁר – We create fun social settings where we can relax, laugh, and be ourselves.
- We care for each other – עַמִּיּוּת – We open our doors to all, we value and support one another in times of joy and sorrow, connected to Jews in greater Charlotte, Israel, and across the world.
- We are accountable to each other – אַחֲרָיוּת – We believe that each person is valued and has unique contributions. As stakeholders, we financially support the congregation and make sound governance decisions that serve our best strategic interests, reflect shared Reform Jewish values, and uphold our mission.