The Israel Committee seeks to deepen and strengthen the types of relationships Temple Beth El congregants have with Israel in all her facets: as Eretz Yisrael, the Jewish homeland; as Medinat Yisrael, the modern State of Israel; and as Am Yisrael, the people of Israel.
We do this by . . .
- Encouraging the integration of Israel into temple programming and other facets of temple life
- Infusing Israel into educational programming so as to help congregants become more informed about and engaged with Israel
- Fostering a spiritual connection to Israel
- Promoting activities that enhance our partnership with Kehilat Birkat Shalom and the Hadera region
- Supporting Progressive Judaism in Israel
- Partnering with our Shalom Park partners around Israel-related events and programs
- Serving as a sounding-board for the clergy team and congregant voice on Israel-related matters
- Producing a periodic email news blast on Israel to be sent via TBE communication to those interested