Allstar Organizer, Administrative Pathfinder, Joyful Liason
Temple Beth El is vibrant and inclusive synagogue of thoughtful Jewish spirituality, meaningful relationships, and inspired personal growth. Our staff and lay leadership work closely together to create a warm and welcoming congregational family that is committed to tikkun olam, spiritual growth, learning, inclusion, and progressive Jewish values.
We are seeking an Administrative Assistant to join our Lifelong Learning team, who is looking for an opportunity to do fulfilling work that helps the lives of others. If you are interested in helping an important community institution promote spiritual well-being in Charlotte, please read on:
- To succeed in the role, you’ll show you care about each congregant and fellow staff members by being knowledgeable, attentive, and organized in your role.
- As the right hand of our Director of Lifelong Learning (who is an amazing rabbi), your attention to detail will be called upon to make facilitate her important spiritual and educational work. You will take initiative to assess how things work and execute and improve upon the administrative tasks that help her work, from scheduling, to communications, to ordering the right materials and supplies.
- In this position, you will become a subject matter expert all about our educational offerings and be a friendly point of contact and resource for families, staff, and volunteers who take part in educational programming at Temple Beth El. You’ll also get to write and send correspondence to make sure the congregation knows about opportunities to learn and grow.
- As the dynamic and adaptable hub of our religious school’s administrative efforts, we will count on you to make sure things are running smoothly for our 300+ students, as well as our teachers and volunteer staff. From making sure materials are in place, to room reservations, to managing teacher schedules, you’ll be at the center of the action. You’ll get to know some truly inspiring people in the process.
- As the school year approaches, you will also run our registration process for our religious school and be the master of the rosters. You’ll be the first friendly face (or voice) many of our families, teachers, and students will meet as they enroll in their spiritual education, so we are looking someone who is a true people person with the ability to conscientiously resolve the various requests that are made in the process. Once school is in session, you’ll be in charge of our keeping track of student needs, teacher and volunteer schedules, and attendance.
- Education: High school diploma or GED is required. Associates degree is preferred.
- Experience: One to three years of prior experience working in an office is required. Familiarity or experience working in a Jewish setting is preferred. Some experience working with children is also preferred.
- Must have competency in Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel. Must be able to learn and implement skills in new technology systems and databases quickly.
Must be able to engage in light physical work, including lifting, pushing, pulling of objects up to 25 pounds.