Youth Director, Schmoozer, and Master Coordinator
Temple Beth El is vibrant and inclusive synagogue of thoughtful Jewish spirituality, meaningful relationships, and inspired personal growth. Our staff and lay leadership work closely together to create a warm and welcoming congregational family that is committed to tikkun olam, spiritual growth, learning, inclusion, and progressive Jewish values.
We are looking for an energetic and charismatic Youth Director to be the ambassador and concierge for our congregation’s kids, teens, and their parents. As part of a collaborative professional staff, you will help kids and teens build community, as well as help them discover the Jewish experiences that are most meaningful for them. In this role you will create deep relationships, coordinate exciting programming, and help build an inviting and accessible environment for youth in the congregation.
Our clergy, staff, and lay leadership work closely together to create a warm and welcoming congregational family that is committed to tikkun olam, spiritual growth, learning, inclusion, and progressive Jewish values, and we would love for you to join us in this effort.
If you are interested in helping to build community, mentor kids and teens, and be part of a collaborative work environment, please check the highlights of what you’ll get to do below:
- Work closely with our Director of Lifelong Jewish Learning, and all members of our clergy team, on all aspects of youth programming. This includes youth groups, Religious School and retreats.
- Be engaged in a wide variety of activities and tasks. Temple life is never boring! You will need to balance staffing events, planning programs, building relationships and managing operational tasks, all while being a welcoming presence for our families.
- Serve as a mentor and role model for hundreds of kids and teens, while at the same time, being available as a resource for parents. Bonus if you have worked in a similar role or environment previously.
- Join a staff who cares deeply about our work and each other. You will be counted on to come in every day with a great attitude, ready to work as a member of the team. If you’ve ever worked in a similar environment, you know how important teamwork and commitment are to personal success.
- Commit to developing new skills and growing in this exciting role. We want to help you achieve your professional goals!