TEMPLE BETH EL COVID-19 POLICIES (UPDATED SEPTEMBER 1, 2021)
Summary of Guidelines (through October 31, 2021)
- Masks are required for all TBE services and events (indoors & outdoors) for those age 3 and older.
- Social distancing of 6 feet is required.
- No food.
- Agree to inform TBE if you are diagnosed with COVID-19 as soon as possible.
- We encourage all eligible community members to get vaccinated.
COVID Protocols for In-Person High Holy Days Worship
We have crafted a plan that asks everyone who is attending in person to attest to having the vaccine (for those 12 and older), requires a signed waiver, limits the in-person attendance to 25% of our maximum capacity (300 people for indoor services and 120 for the outdoor family services), ensures six (6) feet of social distancing, and always requires masking.
What We Are Doing and Where to Find It
- Worship: Everyone is welcome to attend Shabbat Evening Services. In accordance with our current COVID protocols, in-person attendance at Shabbat Morning Services is reserved for B’nei Mitzvah Families.
- Individual meetings: Clergy and staff will meet with TBE members by appointment in person or zoom. Appointments can be made by calling our offices – 704-366-1948.
- Life Cycle Events: Please contact the clergy to discuss current guidelines around life cycle events such as weddings and funerals. 704-749-3043. Brit Milah still has size limitations due to the COVID restrictions on surgical procedures. Please consult with the clergy and mohel/et.
- Wearing masks remain in place.
We hope that you will take comfort in knowing that we remain fully committed to the Jewish principles that we articulated early in the pandemic. Additionally, we continue to be guided by our COVID-Task Force and medical advisors, whose counsel prioritizes the health and safety of Temple Beth El’s members, staff, and guests. We also appreciate your patience as we re-build the capacity to operate our building and develop hybrid – online and in-person- services and programming in new ways. We hope you will take advantage of the opportunity to join us in person or online, and we look forward to seeing you again soon at our spiritual home.
The Coronavirus Task Force includes Benjamin Benson, Cyndee Patterson, Ken Katz, Rabbi Asher Knight, Rabbi Beth Nichols, Dr. David Weinrib, Dr. Derek Raghavan, Dr. Esther Chipps, Dr. Steven Teich, Dr. Aaron Prosnitz, and Eric Frick.
TEMPLE BETH EL COVID POLICIES
While the release of the vaccine provides us with great hope, it does not eliminate the threat of COVID-19 transmission. At this time, masks will still be required for all Temple services and programs for those age 3 and older.
If you or someone you know needs pastoral support, please contact Tracey Lederer during daytime hours: 704-749-3043.
We have staff members receiving emergency calls after Temple’s normal business hours through the Clergy-On-Call Phone: 704-576-5073
If you have concerns regarding financial assistance and dues relief, please contact Eden Gobuty at 704-749-3068. All inquiries are treated with strict confidentiality and caring sensitivity.
What Can You Do?
Volunteer opportunities are always available to help Temple, contact Tracey Lederer, during daytime hours 704-749-3043.
Through your meaningful contribution, we will continue our mission to support our community through sacred work that reaches beyond these walls and into the greater Charlotte Region and Jewish communities.
COVID-19 Next Steps – May 27, 2021
COVID-19 Next Steps – April 26, 2021
COVID-19 Operations Update – November 30, 2020
COVID-19 Decision Dashboard – November 30, 2020
Jewish Federation of Greater Charlotte Resources
The mission of the Jewish Federation of Greater Charlotte is to raise and distribute funds to support and enrich the lives of Jews locally, nationally, in Israel and worldwide. Through education and community building, the Federation’s mission ensures that Jewish values, goals, traditions and connections are preserved for current and future generations.
Jewish Family Services Support
Jewish Family Services is committed to offering numerous services, resources, and activities. They are in the process of adding more programs and will share additional information as it becomes available.
Main Line: 704-366-1948 Religious School: 704-749-3046 Clergy On Call: 704-576-5073