My Temple Commitment
For any community to thrive, we must all do our part. My Temple Commitment is Temple’s primary source of revenue. Our annual commitments pay for our clergy and staff salaries, portions of youth and adult education, cover our day-to-day operating expenses, care for our building, and underwrite many of our programs. While Temple’s leadership is committed to keeping membership accessible, we are also dedicated to financially supporting the congregation in ways that serve our membership and helps us uphold our mission.
We ask that all members confirm their My Temple Commitment for 2021-2022 as soon as possible, and by July 15 at the latest. Please make your My Temple Commitment and enroll in auto-renewal so we can process your Temple Commitment with greater ease next year.
Temple Beth El does not want membership to be a financial burden for our members. Our confidential Commitment Review process ensures that decisions about financial support are made respectfully and consistently. The process involves filling out a form that will be reviewed by a small group of members, who will not receive your name or any other identifying information. The Commitment Review system is designed to support all TBE commitments, including My Temple Commitment, Religious School tuition, Hebrew High tuition, and B’nei Mitzvah fees.
Belong and Become
At Temple Beth El, we try to make a big place feel like family. Each person’s story becomes part of our people’s story. We are a community where children laugh and sing, where students young and old see the glimmering sparks of the Torah. At Temple Beth El, kids grow up and adults keep growing up. We do the energizing work of lifting up the voice of the Hebrew prophets in our own day. We are restless for justice and committed to compassion. We are here for one another in sorrow and in joy. We are a community of sacred encounter, a home to healing and hope.
Welcome home. This is your Temple. Each of us make Temple Beth El what it is. The building we worship in, our history, and our traditions serve as sources of pride. It is our members who come and give of themselves that make Temple Beth El home to so many. We are partners in a rich history. We are co-creators of a bright Jewish future. Temple Beth El is a place to belong and become.
Benefits of Membership
- From Shabbat to holiday celebrations to all access High Holy Day admissions, membership includes vibrant worship and a center for growth of personal spiritual practices.
- We help members mark life cycles. From birth to death, marriages to bar/bat mitzvah, in the good times and the difficult, our clergy are a resource for support and guidance. Members can avail themselves of our clergy for life cycle ceremonies and religious instruction.
- Members can enroll their children in Charlotte’s largest and most dynamic Religious School and youth experience environment. Members can also enroll their children in the Charlotte Jewish Preschool and our Hebrew High School and benefit from member rate pricing.
- Learning is a lifelong endeavor. We provide many formal and informal learning opportunities for members of all ages. Many of our adult education courses are offered free of charge. Those that do incur additional costs are always at a lower cost for members.
- Temple Beth El has a long history of championing social justice. We are a congregation that empowers our members to partner across lines of difference to achieve world repair and participates in acts of loving kindness locally, nationally, globally, and in Israel. Members can avail themselves of opportunities to learn about the root causes of social inequity and can work together to make a difference.
- Members receive support from our Clergy and our Hineynu Care team, which brings our members together to console one another in times of hardship, support each other in times of need, and celebrate together in times of joy.
- Find your people. We work hard to build a relationship-based community, where you will be known, loved, and cared for – just as you know, love, and care for others.
To keep you informed, we send a weekly e-newsletter, monthly cohort emails, and we use a variety of social media to help members remain connected and engaged with Temple Beth El. When special events or announcements are sent out, we urge you to follow-up, RSVP, attend and participate in what interests you.
For more information about our membership model, My Temple Commitment, please contact Eden Gobuty, Director of Development and Member Services at 704-749-3068.