Live streaming of worship services held in the Blumenthal Sanctuary is available on Shabbat evenings and mornings using the link to the right. Thank you to Lee and Jane Diamond for making live streaming possible.
Fall/Winter/Spring Service Schedule
- Please check our website home page for this week’s service times. Service schedules may be different on holiday or special event weekends.
- 5:15 pm Preneg
- 5:30 pm Shabbat Evening SongFest on the 1st Friday night of the month
- 6:00 pm offers a choice of two unique worship opportunities:
- -Family Service in the Blumenthal Sanctuary on the 1st Friday night of the month – An interactive and engaging service is geared toward grade-school families. All are welcome.
- -Community Shabbat – A dynamic worship service designed to engage our entire community. Each week our clergy team weaves together teachings, readings, and music around a relevant theme to create moving and beautiful worship. 8:00 pm on the 1st Friday night of the month, 6:00 pm on all other Friday nights.
Saturday Morning Worship Opportunities
- 11:00 am Shabbat Morning Worship is offered weekly
Most Saturdays at our 11:00 am service, the congregational prayer is led by our newest B’nei Mitzvah in the Blumenthal Sanctuary. On other Saturdays, an intimate worship experience with prayer, music, and learning is offered in the Archer Chapel.
- Our unique and outstanding Congregational Shabbat occurs monthly on a designated Shabbat morning from October through May, with members of the congregation chanting Torah and Haftarah, sharing a d’var Torah, and receiving all of the service honors. Our Teen Band and Teen Vocal ensemble lead uplifting music throughout the service. It is a lively and warm celebration with active participation from our Temple family.
Memorial Day Weekend through Labor Day Weekend
Our summer service model is based on our desire that on Friday evenings, Temple Beth El fulfill the central meaning of “synagogue” as a place of assembly, and the central meaning of “Shabbat” as a time to stop/rest/refresh. Jewishly, Friday evening — the onset of Shabbat — should be the moment of transformation from the workweek to that time of stopping or resting. Come and let Temple Beth El be the source and the catalyst for what Shabbat means to you — and may you truly experience Sabbath rest and joy with friends and loved ones. -Cantor Andrew Bernard
Please check our website home page for this week’s service times. Service schedules may be different on holiday or special event weekends.
5:15 pm Preneg with Kiddush Wine Bar
5:30 pm Shabbat Evening SongFest on the 1st Friday nights of the month
6:00 pm Summer Shabbat Service -Our informal, family-friendly worship will finish by around 7:10 so you can go off to Shabbat dinner or other social activities. During services, the preneg and Kiddush wine bar will continue to be available in one of the social halls just off the Sanctuary for those who arrive late or those who want to continue to sit in a more casual space with friends and family. That area will have tables and a kid-friendly activity center with the wall to the sanctuary open so that you can continue to be connected to our worshiping community.
We know some people can’t be at Temple for the start of services. If you bookmark our streaming services you can listen to the start of worship in your car — and when you arrive, join us in the Sanctuary for the service or relax in the social hall with food, drink, and prayer.