There are many ways that we, as Jews, embrace giving to others. And giving of ourselves – our time and our commitment – is very important. Giving back to our temple and local community by volunteering your time and your heart is personally rewarding and considered a mitzvah. At Temple Beth El, we have many volunteer opportunities. Please let us know what you’re interested in and passionate about!
Contact us to learn more about how you can participate in one of these volunteer opportunities.
RECORDINGS FROM PAST EVENTS
Sign Up to be a Greeter
We need your assistance to help create a warm, welcoming, and friendly experience for congregants and guests who enter our spiritual home. Creating a positive Temple experience supports our continuing engagement efforts where every person, whether they walk through our doors or attend an event in person, feels safe, welcome, and at home. Please sign up for all timeslots that you are available to volunteer. You must complete the Greeter Training to volunteer. Questions? Contact Nathalie Friedlander.
- Volunteers are needed to distribute food at Roof Above sites for unsheltered people at high risk for Covid-19. Pick a Sunday from 4-6pm. Questions? Contact Rabbi Klass.
- Sign up to feed our frontline workers at the MEDIC Clinic. This is a great family-friendly opportunity as well. Great for students who need volunteer hours!
- Loaves & Fishes: Clients served by the organization grew from 80K in 2019 to 120K in 2020, plus 40K through their food share program. They have many volunteer opportunities including food delivery and sorting. Purchase items from their Amazon Wishlist.
Ways to Volunteer
- Get involved with Shalom Green on Shalom Park
- Volunteer with NC Med Assist, a statewide free pharmacy providing prescriptions and over-the-counter medications to uninsured and low-income individuals.
- Tutor students from Temple Beth El’s partner school, Sterling Elementary, through Heart Math Tutoring and Read Charlotte
- Pack food boxes for distribution with Second Harvest Food Bank
Ways to Give
- Donate most needed items to the JFS Food Pantry
- Make a donation to Freedom School Partners. To sponsor or support a summer site, contact Glenda Bernhardt.
- Donate much needed food and items to Refugee Support Services
- Donate to Roof Above by purchasing an item from their Amazon Wish List
- Donate much needed items to Block Love CLT
- Learn about and support feeding and housing efforts with Heal Charlotte
We know that many of our congregants are looking for ways to help. If you are interested in volunteering for a local organization, read the compiled list from our Tzedek Council of organizations across the region that are helping those in need. Choose from a variety of projects to help our neighbors in need.