There are many ways that we, as Jews, embrace giving to others. And giving of ourselves – our time and our commitment – is very important. Giving back to our temple and local community by volunteering your time and your heart is personally rewarding and considered a mitzvah. At Temple Beth El, we have many volunteer opportunities. Please let us know what you’re interested in and passionate about!
Contact us to learn more about how you can participate in one of these volunteer opportunities.
- HELPS Tutoring: As we know, our vulnerable populations are being hit the hardest with the continued stay at home order. Especially, our little ones.
- Loaves & Fishes: due to the increase in COVID positive cases, they are in urgent need of delivery drivers to pick up and drop off (contact free) food for families & individuals at their homes. If you are interested, contact Danielle Moore
Ways to Volunteer
- Sign up to be part of Temple Beth El’s congregant outreach phone tree. Contact Eden Gobuty
- Get involved with Shalom Green on Shalom Park
- Tutor students from Temple Beth El’s partner school, Sterling Elementary, through Heart Math Tutoring and Read Charlotte
- Sign up to distribute meals at Roof Above hotel sites around the city
- Help Leah’s Hopes and Dreams with their feeding and shower programs for the homeless population
- Pack food boxes for distribution with Second Harvest Food Bank
Ways to Give
- Make a donation to Freedom School Partners. To sponsor or support a summer site, contact Glenda Bernhardt.
- Donate much needed food and items to Refugee Support Services
- Donate to Roof Above by purchasing an item from their Amazon Wish List
- Donate much needed items to Block Love CLT
- Learn about and support feeding and housing efforts with Heal Charlotte
We know that many of our congregants are looking for ways to help. If you are interested in volunteering for a local organization, read the compiled list from our Tzedek Council of organizations across the region that are helping those in need. Choose from a variety of projects to help our neighbors in need.